Today’s #reverb10 prompt by Patty Digh is: “Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.”
This year has seen me go from introvert to extrovert so let’s just start from there.
- My First Tweetup in January. I’ll never forget that Sunday brunch at Woody’s Wharf and meeting Calvin Lee, Stacey Soleil, Debbie Miller, Justin Moore-Brown, Michael Hsiung, Bryan Tepus, Hoda, MaryAnne Wendt, and Ricardo Bueno. These people quickly become my dearest and truest friends.
- Catalina Island for Valentine’s Day – that was the first time anyone had loved me enough to blindfold me, take me on a boat trip, and spend 3 wonderful days pampering me.
- Taking personal development courses with the Living From Choice seminars and re-connecting with my best friend Trina Davis. Our relationship is stronger because we both grew together through that process.
- Late night karaoke with Ricardo and Stacey in Hollywood. We stayed out until 3am. It was amazing.
- Launching this blog site with the amazing support of Ricardo and Stacey. I’ve been blogging online since college (under an alias) and offline about my running. It was great to finally just have one area and launch this site publicly.
- Tequila party at MaryAnne Wendt’s house. It was her first house party. An amazing night and where I met my wonderful Twitter sister, Sukhjit.
- Meeting up randomly for Kean coffee on a Friday night and spontaneously starting TWO businesses with my friend, Jeff Friend (no joke about the last name). Our love for various beverages led us to start Social Sippers and a social media business.
- My first Eats N Geeks and shooting a commercial with LaLa Castro and later winning a fabulous prize at her
- Falling down the stairs at the #140conf and injuring my knee. An embarrassing and humbling moment but it really showed me the value of true friends and how much they care about my well being. If you were my crutches and provided me a piggy back ride that night, you know who you are and I appreciate you.
- Completing my 10th race and the CA Dreamin’ series. Despite the knee injury, I still ran. It was just something I had to do.
- Running the LA marathon with my wonderful friends Bob Watson, Kathy Klingaman, Debbie Miller, and Amanda Wernick.
- Food trucking with my dear friend MaryAnne Wendt, playing high five with her daughter Jessie, and learning Plants and Zombies techniques from her other daughter, Marissa. It got so crazy and popular, she eventually launched her own blog.
- Meeting the great Yelp queen Anita Lau, her best friend Mahesh, and photographer Albert.
- Reconnecting with my parents – we got into a fight last Thanksgiving so when I visited again this year it was great to finally resolve our differences on the subject of marriage.
- Late night dinner at Denny’s with Calvin and Hoda in Mission Viejo and the drunk woman in the parking lot. Priceless.
- Early birthday breakfast and a flight of beers with my Yelp stalker Dan H. and my Lake Forest friends Mary and Robert (sadly all these people are offline so no links here).
That was my year in a nutshell. While it may not have been ideal, it was a year of growth and some wonderful amazing friendships. If you’re mentioned above, it’s because you’ve made an impact in my life and I appreciate you.
What has 2010 meant to you? What will you remember the most and take with you into 2011?